Thursday, January 5, 2012

So, what's this?

Well, hello there. My name is lucjan (it's actually not), and I'm going to begin blogging anime and manga here. And... Well, I guess anyone who manages to find this blog (possibly from my MAL account?) will be asking: why? Why, lucjan, why waste your time on a blog that'll never achieve any form of popularity or recognition? Well, it's not that I'm necessarily creating a blog for recognition, or even acknowledgement, but that I'm interested in the prospect of blogging, or more specifically, reviewing the many interests of this world, and in this particular case, anime. I have absolutely no experience in reviewing anything, let alone blogging, but my English skills are good enough for this kind of hobby. I'm hoping that by blogging/reviewing episodes/chapters of anime/manga (lul at all muh dashes), I can sharpen my skills in reviewing interests of mine. I'm also trying to achieve a more consistent track record with watching anime. I'll start an anime, such as Guilty Crown, and the minute I begin to lose even a sliver of interest (well, it's Guilty Crown, come on), I immediately drop the anime. That can't go on. So I'd like to correct that habit of mine.

As for my style, well, you should have been able to identify my style from what I just wrote. I can tell I'll develop a habit of commentating my own writing, and through parenthesis. Maybe that's a bad thing, maybe it's a good thing; maybe this development will work to my advantage in capturing the reader's attention.

As for what I'll be covering, you shouldn't expect very much from me, especially since I'm a newbie. I'll begin reviewing individual episodes soon; that is, as soon as the few anime's I'm looking forward to air. The anime's I'll be covering this season are:

- Another

- Nisemonogatari

- Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki (the speed in my episodic reviews of this anime will depend on how easily I can obtain each episode. It's not popular, and is receiving little coverage, with mega blogs, such as randomc, not even including it in their Winter 2012 preview)

As for manga's:

- Naruto

- Deadman Wonderland

So that about sums it up. "Another" will be airing tomorrow, and should show up online by the next day, so depending on the other two anime's release dates, I should be starting around Saturday.

Edit: So apparently "Another" airs January 9th, not January 6th, so I'll be covering that starting Monday or Tuesday, depending on how fast it's subbed. In that regard, my first post should still be around the 7th, with Nisemonogatari. Either the 7th or 8th because, again, I have no clue on how long it'll take for it to show up online.

You can find me at MAL: http://myanimelist.net/profile/lucjan

No comments:

Post a Comment